Some older articles on this weblog that are of current interest:
Books about NSA
- Matthew Aid: The Secret Sentry: The Untold History of the National Security Agency, Bloomsbury Press, 2009 (declassified review by the CIA)
- James Bamford: The Shadow Factory: The Ultra-Secret NSA from 9/11 to the Eavesdropping on America, Doubleday, 2008.
- James Bamford: Body of Secrets: Anatomy of the Ultra-Secret National Security Agency, Anchor, 2002.
- James Bamford: The Puzzle Palace: A Report on America's Most Secret Agency, Houghton Mifflin, 1982.
Books about the Snowden-revelations
- Barton Gellman: Dark Mirror, Edward Snowden and the American Surveillance State, Penguin, December 2018
- Timothy H. Edgar, Beyond Snowden, Privacy, Mass Surveillance, and the Struggle to Reform the NSA, The Brookings Institution, Washington DC, August 2017
- Edward Jay Epstein, How America Lost Its Secrets: Edward Snowden, the Man and the Theft, Knopf, January 2017
- Ronald Goldfarb e.a.: After Snowden: Privacy, Secrecy, and Security in the Information Age, May 2015
- David P. Fidler ed.: The Snowden Reader, Indiana University Press, April 2015 (review)
- Glenn Greenwald: No Place to Hide: Edward Snowden, the NSA, and the U.S. Surveillance State, Metropolitan Books, May 2014
- Michael Gurnow: The Edward Snowden Affair: Exposing the Politics and Media Behind the NSA Scandal, Blue River Press, April 2014
- Marcel Rosenbach & Holger Stark: Der NSA-Komplex: Edward Snowden und der Weg in die totale Überwachung, Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt, March 2014
- Luke Harding: The Snowden Files: The Inside Story of the World's Most Wanted Man, Vintage, February 2014
- Edward Lucas: The Snowden Operation, Inside the West’s Greatest Intelligence Disaster (e-book), January 2014
Books about Signals Intelligence
- Gordon Corera: Intercept - The Secret History of Computers and Spies, Weidenfeld & Nicholson, 2015.
- Shane Harris: @War: The Rise of the Military-Internet Complex, Eamon Dolan/Mariner Books, 2015.
- Richard J. Aldrich: GCHQ, The uncensored story of Britain's most secret intelligence agency, Harper Press, 2010.
- Patrick Radden Keefe: Chatter: Dispatches from the Secret World of Global Eavesdropping, Random House, 2005.
- Matthew Aid, Cees Wiebes e.a.: Secrets of Signals Intelligence during the Cold War and beyond, Frank Cass, 2001.
- Nicky Hager: Secret Power, New Zealand’s role in the international spy network, Craig Potton Publishing, 1996.
Books about Cyber Security
- Bruce Schneier: Data and Goliath, The Hidden Battles to Collect Your Data and Control Your World, W. W. Norton & Company, March 2015.
Books about Cryptography
- Simon Singh: The Code Book – a history of cryptography, Doubleday, New York 1999
- David Kahn: The Codebreakers: The Comprehensive History of Secret Communication from Ancient Times to the Internet, Scribner, 1996.
- See also: Books on cryptography
More books will be added gradually!